Many people may think that the senior population would not take part in any senior online dating website. However, the truth is that a good percentage of seniors take part in online dating, and even online dating marriage (marriage as a result of meeting someone online). Actually, one is never too old for senior online dating. This page will discuss some simple senior online dating and online dating marriage facts.
In September 2003, AARP did a study on seniors over the age of 55 and concluded that a majority of senior singles say that have someone to do things with or talk to is the most essential reason for dating. Here are a few other facts about senior online dating:
- 67% of seniors aged 50-64 use the internet, making it an excellent place to meet new singles through senior online dating.
- As a matter of fact, seniors over 55 accounted for almost 17% of traffic on internet dating websites.’
- Children of adult singles are leading their unmarried parents now more than ever to senior online dating sites.
- 3/4 of the 10 million internet users have at one time or another pursued love online, again making this all the more reason to get started in senior online dating.
- 30 million American adults (15% of the total American adults) say that they know someone who has been in a long-term relationship or has gotten married as a result of senior online dating. Having an online dating marriage is happening all the time.
Though many people feel that there is some sort of stigma involved with senior online dating and an online dating marriage, the facts show that a good percentage of people are actually taking part in senior online dating and eventually an online dating marriage.
The internet is a great place to meet new people, and its wide reach is enabling people to more easily find a close match to their personality, resulting in long and happy relationships.